We're a Bucharest based engineering company looking for talented embedded software engineers. Our client is a world leader in high speed networking solutions that power 90% of the top data centers and cloud services on the Internet. We are looking for ambitious embedded software engineers with C and networking experience to build the next generation of Ethernet switching ASICs.
- Develop modules for a hardware abstraction layer (HAL) between hardware registers and firmware of networking chips.
- Implement a C library to handle hardware low level flows that needs software/firmware intervention.
- Hide specific design implementation and provide abstract flows independent of chip type and according to chip feature list.
- Daily work involves interaction with both firmware and hardware engineers and exposure to all aspects of embedded development: Design, Micro-Architecture and Verification.
- 2-5 years experience in embedded programming
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming language
- Scripting language - python, bash for test suite automation
- Understanding low-level drivers, hardware interrupts, firmware development
- Team player, responsible and proactive
Having any of the following is a plus
- Versioning control tools ( ex. Perforce , Git , SVN)
- Knowledge in networking (layer 2 protocols)